(12.6.09) The Project 365 Blues

Common wisdom amongst those who attempt Project 365 states that around Day 60 you will hit a creative wall. I am right on schedule. Granted, I made the project a little easier on myself by allowing for any and all forms of art. Some days are rife with bloggable art opportunities and others are barren. Unsurprisingly, the barren days are becoming all too frequent in the desert. My surroundings take on a uniform quality that is uninspiring. Work is physically exhausting and literally sucks up every minute of daylight. My options are to steal a moment away from work, shoot in the dark, or pray that I will be inspired with a poem or story. Sometimes, I succumb to the temptation to use some of my stock photos. This feels like cheating, however, because I am not moving my artistic abilities forward when I do this. Soon my photo-stores will be empty anyway.

In addition to the above frustrations, I often return from the field to find that my hastily shot photos possess a major flaw that I was unable to detect on my small LCD screen. For instance, I failed to catch the blur here, and this antique store find was probably my favorite shot of the week.

On this next tour, I have decided to come up with a plan in advance. A photo project for each day. This is where you, the reader, come in. What about my life in the desert intrigues you? What parts of my stories need more elaboration? Anything is fair game. I would be most grateful for any suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. Suggestions: Your humble sleeping arrangement, your eye on LV, your fence, & work space,your church - your world. And how about your tree (from FB)?

    XXOO
    Gael

    ReplyDelete