It is the awkwardness of getting to know each other that makes you giggle because even the mistakes are charged with electricity.
It is the wondering "Should I put this on facebook? Should I blog about this? How do I tell my parents?"
It is the sobering weight of the potential that you hold in your hands.
It is the chill that knows your life is different now, altered, but you are not sure of the direction you are now taking.
It is the hope that the newness never ends, but you can't wait until comfort is a hallmark of the relationship.
It is the glee as you remember the first time you met, after months of anticipation, hours of counting down.
It is the moment I turned the key in my mailbox and pulled out MY NEW CAMERA!!!!
Ha! Gotcha! Anyway, in a pleasant twist of events I purchased my very first dSLR this week. I really do feel as if I am in a new relationship, fumbling excitedly to get to know this new piece of equipment that will (hopefully) propel my pursuits as an artist forward. I could ramble for a while about how overwhelmed and ecstatic I am right now, but I will spare you. The picture above is one of the first shots from my camera. Woot!
Wow, Congratulations! And, you totally had me fooled :)
ReplyDelete- Catie