(9.17.10) Reflections


As the year, as well as this blogging project, draws to a close, my mind is a chaotic mess of thoughts, opinions and reflections. For your consideration, a few reflections on blogging and a 365 project.
  • First and foremost, it is a stunning way to document a year. Scrapbooking is a worthy endeavor for those blessed with the dedication to follow through. I am not so endowed, therefore the discipline of a daily entry--however significant--is a beautiful collection of a year.
  • In relation to the above point, if you are pursuing a 365 project, do not be dismayed by "mediocre" entries. Let's face it, some days just are sub par. It is okay to document this. In fact, this level of honesty brings a depth to the art project. Sometimes art is not just in seeing beauty but in the ability to see at all.
  • Allow yourself time to edit. Clearly, I have not been so generous with myself at points throughout the year. The pressure to post is an overwhelming force, it pushes one through the nitty gritty aspects of the project but don't be bowled over by it. Give yourself time to copy edit and photoshop, as needed. On the other end of the spectrum (see #2 for more) don't nit pick and stall posting. 
  • Set your own rules. How often will you blog or contribute? How much structure do you need for impetus before you become overwhelmed? Cheat a little bit if you have to, but keep your overall goal in mind. I am so thankful that I gave myself the freedom to contribute artistically in any medium I chose for that particular day. Not only did I develop several artistic areas, I learned to appreciate certain things as art (i.e. laughter, cooking). 
  • Enjoy the blogging and art community! Make friends! I have strengthened, reconnected, and built new friendships over this blog. It certainly adds a richness to your contribution to the internet art community.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment