(9.23.10) Looking Forward

To look forward, we must take pause and look back.
This has been a year of settling into myself.
Of settling into a place.
Of discovering myself as an artistic being.
Of growing in strength--both the mental and physical varieties.
Of explorations.
Of new communities.

In the vast spaces of the desert, a flower has bloomed.
Life exists in the desert, small and hiddened.
Large and abrasive. 

At 365 days end, there are no fireworks, no champagne.
It reminds me of standing in the desert, alone with yourself 
Yet completely surrounded.

What is next? Artistically? Professionally?
I do not know.

There will always be life in the desert. 
There will continue to be Life in the Desert. 
At least for a little while. 
Keep checking back, I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on making your year goal Sarah. I looked at every one and really enjoyed your insights and photographic eye as well as understanding you better. Bravo! Here's to you and your journey! I'm with you in spirit. Love, Gael

    ReplyDelete