Don't get me wrong, I am a proponent of the Leave No Trace ethics system. This outdoor code calls upon explorers to leave the wilderness as pristine as possible. Mantras such as "Pack it in, Pack it out", "Stay on the trail", and "Observe from a distance" are hallmarks of this ethos. There are even guidelines that govern visiting the "bathroom as big as all outdoors". However, I was a little shocked to discover that my 5 month fence building project is going to demand some extra precautions.
Yes, it is what you think it is. There's no easy way to say this: I have to poop in a bag. Once we got over the initial shock, the levity of the situation sustained us throughout the tour. Although I do not necessarily recommend that the population as a whole adopt this method of waste disposal, I hope it makes you think about the traces you leave in your wake.
No comments:
Post a Comment