Last night I was able to recreate the effect as much as is possible. During a phone conversation, my friend watched the Cowboys game and I made banana bread and applesauce. It was quite an enjoyable experience. Today, I am off to share my goodies with my crew. Food is definitely best when shared. It is the ultimate community art.
If you want to try long distance cooking, just let me know.
okay, I don't want to be the creeper who's ALWAYS commenting on your posts, but then again, I've never been one to deny who I am.
ReplyDeleteI miss you. I miss your banana bread in a ziploc bag on the counter, ready and waiting to be eaten. I miss reaping the benefits of your pizza-making adventures with Reed and Nelson. I miss the night you cooked Kenyan food for everyone we knew. I miss Mexican Fish and rice & beans.
I miss being in a place where food is a celebration of life--more than sustenance--and, as you put it, "a community art." Well said, my dear friend. Love you.